Wednesday 25 April 2012

Only 3 Hours!!! Not possible...........



The following shocked me when reading @UncommonFacts on Twitter, it states that if a man has sex twice a week for 40 years, the combined time for his orgasms would be less than 3 hours of his lifetime!

Adding this to Jens's remark about a bucketlist it made me think, long and hard, about how much time do we really spend enjoying ourselves.
How much fun do we really have?, how much enjoyment do we get out of life?, and what is it that makes you happy, and why don't we do it more often?

Clearly the "S" word is not the answer, because if we do the math, the average life expectancy of a person is 75 years (27,375 days), the clever people estimate that you will spend about 24 years of that sleeping, 12 years eating, 25 years working, 285 days (almost a year) on the toilet and if the above facts are correct about 1,1 day having sex, that leaves us with 14 years (+/-5110 days) to have fun, remarkable isn't it.
So why is it that we don't see more people smiling, laughing and just having a good time, is it because through the years we lost focus of life and started to fill our lives with all sorts of other ideas about life that just makes us grind away until, one day we sit and think, "I wish I have done that".

Many people is of the opinion that fun activities will cost you money and for that reason you cannot have fun, well I believe that you have to learn to live for today, to enjoy everything in life.
When I drive to work in the mornings I am so glad for Weetbix, because if I look at the facial expressions of some of my fellow road users it seems as if they had sh#t for breakfast! Everybody in his/her own world frowning and picking their noses, observing this activity is hilarious! especially is they realised that you saw them, the expression on their faces - PRICELESS!

Another cheap thrill is to read the You (or as I like to call it "Die selfmoord tydskrif"), people actually take the time to write about misfortunes or problems with the hope that it will be published!, and to get advise which they can get from any sane person, some stories are truly sick, for instance;

"Dear Uncle Murry

"I am 21 years old and have a sexual relationship with an older man for the past five years, he says that he loves me and that he cares for me, every birthday he takes me out to dinner.
My problem is that he does not want to take it to the next level, as he says he loves my Gran and wont leave her! What should I do?

Confused Boksburg"

and a more recent article in which the author complains that she is involved(or rather engaged!) in a relationship and has been unhappy since the word go! Now I ask you, if you know that you will be hurt if you put your finger in an electrical socket, because it happened to you once, why will you do it again!

My conclusion is thus, learn to live for today, enjoy everything in life, cut out negative vibes. Being happy is a conscious decision, not an emotion.

Well till next time.



1 comment:

  1. This is a most enjoyable read, and put a good smile on my face. Waiting for "next time"

    ReplyDelete